Monday, September 9, 2013

First week in the mission field!

Here's his first email in the Netherlands folks!


First week in the Netherlands! It is so crazy that I am on the other side of the world, with so many different people. My trainer is Elder Alston and he is from South Jordan. He has only been here for 6 months and served all of his past 6 months in Belgium speaking Flemmish. So we are both really learning Dutch. Dutch is crazy. It is so hard to open your mouth and speak it! We got called to Enschede which borders Germany. This is a student city so there are a lot of Chinese and African people. I have ran into people from like 8 different religions. It is amazing how many different people live here. We are opening this area so we dont have any investigators yet. We are contacting people a lot and trying to find investigators. The members here are really great. We have had a bunch of dinner appointments and have a few set for this week! On Saturday, we went to a members house in Germany to do service. This is such an amazing family and they have 4 kids under the age of 12. So cute to hear them speak and try to have conversations with them. I'm excited for more experiences these next 22 months. I can't wait to speak Dutch and just get good at it. I love you all, and will write letters when I can! 

Have a great week. 
Elder Elkins


1 comment: