Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hup HOLLAND Hup. Well, this was one of the best weekends of my life, because Nederland literally destroyed Spain, and that makes the people here have a 72 hour party. It has been really fun to experience that and be a part of it. We are not able to watch it, but man, I can tell you that I knew everytime the Dutch scored. We were waiting for a bus late at night, when the city roared. It was right after Ned scored their first goal to tie it up I think. A fat guy rain out onto his baclony without a shirt on and was dancing and screaming, and then we heard bombs, firworks, and other miraculous noices. Probably people tipping cars, IDK... nah, but it is hilarious! Then it happend 4 more times! It has been a blast. I have been looking forward to this since I got my mission call, and it was always a dream of mine to serve in a mission where Soccer is big. I think I may have gotten that. Everything shuts down for it too. Well, that is that.
It was also a good week with missionary work. I worked with the Spijkenisse Elders because of what happened two weeks ago, and that was fun. They are good friends, but I have missed just hard, missionary work. We taught a few times and did finding, and even saw many miracles. We had Zone Conference on Saturday which changed my mission. I went in there with questions in my head, and they were both answered. It was led by Elder Boom. He is an Area Seventy and did an incredible job. Very inspiring Zone Conference. After, I found out that my former companion, Elder Childs, also needed a companion because his companion would need to go home to get his back fixed. So, President stuck him back with me for a week and a half. Funny because we both have missed each other. So since yesterday, he has been my companion again. He will go back to Arnhem next week, and I will have a new companion in Rotterdam. It is fun because we both have our own phones as well, which makes it weird. He has Arnhems and I have Souths.
Which leads me to my next point. Friday night, we had to lead people to our apartment in South because they would be spending the night there before Zone Conference. While I was at Rotterdam Train Station waiting for Elders, I got a call from a random number. I answered and said "Hoi, met Elder Elkins". I heard "Hey Elder Elkins!". I said who is this? All I heard back was "Your companion, Elder Melligan!". I immediately starting crying and had to walk away. That was incredible. So great to hear from him. He is doing well, and is just trying to adapt back into life. I love him and miss him. That made this all a bit easier, but it was very hard at the same time.
This has been an insane transfer, but last year at this time, my life was almost this insane as well. I guess I just need to always watch out for the May and June months eh? Nah, I'm grateful for the crazyness. Always something to do and think about.
I'm sorry that this email is a little lame, but that is what happened this week. The work in the Netherlands is really picking up, and I'm super grateful that I will have a companion who I can just finally be myself with and work hard with for the next week and a half. Put all my new knowledge to use.
I love you all so much, and I hope that you all are doing well. Have a great week, and I hope to hear from you all by next week!

Veel Liefde,
Elder Elkins









No comments:

Post a Comment