Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Another week, and this one was super quick. It feels like just yesterday that I was typing on this annoying French keyboard, but here I am. Back, and ready to give you a little summary of this past week. I don't have much time, and quite frankly, I forget what we did, but I will do my best. It was actually quite a special week. The Lord is blessing Elder Holt and I with many "tender mercies" and is providing missionary work in a way that I haven't really experienced my whole mission. Things have been going well here in Belgium. Because we are in a 4som, and opening the other side to Genk, Limburg, things have been fun to sort out. Travel here is unreal. We had to go do a look up, and we were on a bus for 2 hours, then 2 hours back. We had interviews with President and it took 3 hours to travel there, in a little city here in Belgium. It is unreal. It is really hot as well, and more humid than I have ever experienced in my life.
A special experience from this week was when Elder Holt and I were walking home. We saw an old man with a cane, and we just said "Goede Avond", like good evening, and he asked us for help. I didnt really understand what he needed, but then he started talking better and explained that he wants to watch the World Cup at the bar, but cant get there by himself, so I gave him my arm, and we walked 200 meters to the bar, in 30 minutes. Slowest walker of my life haha, but, I can honeslty tell you, I have never felt the Love of Heavenly Father more in my life. What a special experience this was to be able to help a 90 year old man, walk. We had the opportunity to talk all about his life, and I  found out he was a Doctor, and the same Doctor that I want to become. We sat with him and talked, then had to go home, but I was really grateful for that.
Because Belgium and Nederland are doing well, President gave the whole mission permission to watch all the games. We went to a members house on Saturday, after the baptism, to watch the game. Super fun family, but too bad Belgium lost. It is ok, I'm all for Nederland! We get to watch the Nederland Argentina game on Wednesday at 10 pm our time too! Pres. Robinson is the best!
I wish I could share more with you all, but I'm out of time. I love you, and hope that you have a great week. Find ways to serve others this week!
Love,
Elder van Elkins





No comments:

Post a Comment