Sunday, July 28, 2013

First letter!

I am so excited to say that we got the first letter from Elder Elkins! He is having so much fun in the MTC.

"Family,

First day in the MTC. So crazy. So many mixed emotions today. It was hard saying goodbye that's for sure. I love you all so much!! It's so weird here. Everything happened so fast. They took me through the doors where I got a pamphlet full of a few things. It had two name tags. 1 for suit, 1 for shirt with magnet. Also my MTC ID i use to open doors, buy stuff, and just use as an ID. After this we took my bags to my room where I put all my bags on the bottom bunk. There are 6 elders in my room! Then I went straight to the Dutch classroom. When I got there, the two teachers swormed me with Dutch. So hard!! Then I went to the computer room to watch a video about the MTC. After this we went back to the classroom where everyone's companions started coming in. Mine was late. haha."

My companions name is Elder Sodweeks. He loves art. Then we went to the Presidency introduction meeting where we heard good talks. Then dinner. This is where I saw Dillon! (for those of you who don't know Dillon, it's one of his best friends)

After dinner, we did this thing called 'learning experience' where we had a room full of missionaries probably 60-70 and the investigators would randomly call on us to answer one of his questions. After 3 investigators, 30 minutes each, I didn't answer a question. The last investigator wanted a companionship to teach a lesson to him. My companion volunteered us HAHA!! I was nervous but we did GREAT! After this we met our zone leaders and they're sick!!

When I was making my bed, someone came into my room and said 'Is there an Elder Elkins in here?' and it was ZACH! (for those of you who don't know Zach, it's his cousin) I was so happy! He found me and it was amazing. We took a picture together and talked for 10 minutes. I'll see him a lot probably.

It's been such a long day, but one I'll always remember. I have such an amazing family. I love you guys so much. so much. I'm so blessed at home and I already realize that.

I love you! Tot ziens. (something in dutch. probably i love you. who knows)

-Elder Elkins''

It was so good to heard from him and knowing that he is doing so good. Can't wait for the next letter and pictures! His pday is Tuesday, so I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment