Tuesday, July 30, 2013

First Pday!

Today was Austin's first pday. He sounds like he is having so much fun!!



Well this has been a crazy first week! I cant believe I'm a missionary now. It still hasnt hit me. I got here first and met my companion. His name is Elder Sudweeks. He is such a great guy. I couldnt think of anyone who could be more different than me, but thats probably good because it helps me! The first few days were rough. I got in here the first day and every body told me that it is just plain hard until the first Sunday, so stick it through. I made it to Sunday! Sunday was so nice. I have spent so much time with my cousin Elder Lamb and my best friend Elder Yocom lives on the same floor as me. We do everything together. Dutch is a tough language. Very tough. My teachers are amazing though and I know that if I rely on the Lord, He will work through me and I will be able to accomplish whatever I need to accomplish. I have met so many friends here and my room is full of some of the nicest kids i know! we all are so alike! It's like a sleepover every night. So much fun here! I already cant wait to go the Netherlands though. My district is so amazing and we all help each other so much. My favorite kid in my district are Elder Bean and Elder Bosco. Elder Bean because we are both exactly alike, and Elder Bosco because he is Robbie Bosco's son.... haha. He said he wants to go to BYU games and stuff when we're back! He is such an awesome kid. I'm sitting next to my best friend from high school, Elder Yocom, right now as we are both emailing! Its so amazing here! My branch presidency is amazing and they let us email as long as we want because "P-Day is Family Day". It was hard saying bye to my family and friends, but this is where the Lord needs me to be! I'm so grateful that I will be blessed here, so that He can bless other peopls lives! I love you all so much and I will write you all whenever I can! Thanks so much for the support!!!!
Tot Ziens,
Elder Elkins



Austin's Companion!


Ausin's cousin Elder Lamb! 



Elder Vandemerwe , Elder Elkins, Elder Yocom



No comments:

Post a Comment