Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One Month Down!

I can't believe Austin has been gone for a month already! Time goes by so fast. He's doing so good, and would love your letters. His address is on the right side, under Address-haha. Missionaries love words of encouragement! You all know that :)

So here's his weekly email!

One Month Down! Time goes so fast here! I can't believe that I leave in less than two weeks. I get my travel plans this Thursday or Friday, and then I will know when, and where I am flying on my way to the Netherlands! Dutch is hard! I can't believe that I will have to only speak that when I get there. I've got some learnin' to do. 
Last week was a good one. Richard G. Scott spoke to us for our Tuesday Night Devotional at the Marriot Center. It was amazing. He spoke on prayer and faith. He said some amazing things that we missionaries needed to hear. The spirit was so strong, and he is such an amazing apostle. For our Sunday Night Devotional at the MTC, Vai Sikahema spoke. He shared a mission story that was unreal and how he enjoyed his mission more than any other experience in his life, even more than the National Championship, and the Miracle Bowl. He is a great guy. He loves BYU so much and it was nice to hear some of his real life stories. 
I'm excited to leave in two weeks, but nervous as well. I cant believe that I'm a missionary now and that I wear this nametag on my chest every day. Its so amazing. I love all of the letters everyone sends me. They help me so much. Thank you everyone. 
I hope you're all doing good. Keep me updated on what you are all doing! Pray for me :)

Ik hou van jullie!
Elder Elkins

3 comments:

  1. Love this site! Thanks for keeping us updated and for sharing such great pics! Cameron and I are reading and he said, "Look! There's my friend!!". <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet! Dang, it is a lot easier to stay in the loop than it used to be. Glad to see how much Austin is jumping in and loving the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that so cute of Cameron!!

    I'm so glad you guys are reading his blog. Means alot :)

    ReplyDelete