Monday, April 7, 2014

Well Hello Everyone! Another week is history, but this was a good one, that's for sure! Also, another year is history. Now I'm a 19 year old missionary. That sounds about right ;) This was a super busy week and I will try to fill you in with everything. It is literally impossible to do that, but I will try! I've been hearing a lot about March Madness, and how it has been pretty good. Also, about soccer. Congrats Chelsea. And Matt Morrell, I don't know if you will read this, but welcome to the Nederland Crew man! We need you over here! Who knows, maybe Yocom or I will get to train ya eh? :) That would be awesome! I'll start off my week now!
Monday - Great PDay. We went to the Artis Zoo and I saw a lot of animals. Very cool. Then at night, we went to a members house cause he had two friends who want to learn about us. That was amazign and they both want to be baptized! We watched a bunch of films and talked about the BoM. The member ran the show, and that is exactly how it needs to be!!!! :) I loved it. 
Tuesday - No District meeting cause we had Zone Training Friday. We went to do look ups, then went to Danny's to teach him. Danny is progressing like crazy and has a testimony that shocks me. He was Atheist in December, but now testifies that Jesus is the Christ and that God is His father. AMAZING. We invited Danny to come to Family De Nijs for dinner and he came. That was so fun! The Spiritual Message that we shared was about Gratitude. That was amazing and the spirit was super strong. Danny felt it for sure. I shared a scripture from D and C about it and we went in a circle giving Gratefulmonies. Super cool. We had a super good day today!
Wednesday - We went to Joyce. She is went to Ghana on Sunday, so we went and said bye and told her everything that she needs to do to help her family! That will be amazing. He friend is making us african clothes which will be so tight. After this, we met with Keith and went to Ale's house. He had like 7 other Italian friends there, all who only speak enough English to order a sandwich. It was sooo funnny. And literally the best food I have ever eaten. It was a 4 course meal. Spaghetti, then Lasagna, then Pizza, then the chocolate puff dessert. Incredible. We got home like at 10:30 haha. It was the funniest thing in the world cause we could not communicate, but it was still so fun! They all call Keith "Balotelli" cause he looks like the Italian soccer player. 
Thursday - Gerphal for Brunch. He made us French Toast which was nice. He is a character, that's all haha. Then we went to teach Ibrahim. This was the last time I was going to see him cause I'm getting transfered, so I just shared a strong testimony and encouraged him. He will now be baptized on May 11th, along with Danny. That will be amazing and I'm going to get permission to go to it! We then did weekly planning cause Friday and Saturday we were too busy.
Friday - MY BIRTHDAY :) Super good day. Woke up, made sure to get a good work out in, then went straight to Zone Training in Amsterdam. Nothing like being around a lot of good friends on your Birthday :) That was great. They sang to me at lunch and Elder Bishop, Zone Leader, made sure to embarras me haha. It was great and I learned a ton from the training. Then we went home, changed into soccerable clothes, then went to Vapiano, an amazing restaurant with Keith, and the Amsterdam Elders. That was great! Then we went straight to the Church to play Soccer with the young men. We had 3 investigators there. Keith, who is incredible as you all know, then two italians who are also good. It was so funny. I suck at soccer but man it was a great Birthday! Then I came home and opened my gifts and letters from family and friends. Thank you all so much. It meant so much to me. I love you all! Keith also got me a gift. He bought me hair gel hahahah. That was so funny. I love it.
Saturday - We had an activity at Dappermarkt with the members. We stood outside with a booth at the market and just talked to everyone. We were able to get information from 25+ people. That was so fun and the members were great. Missionary work is picking up, that's for sure! We are seeing unreal success here in Zaandam too. It's so great to see! Then we went to Keith's to teach them. Little did I know, they wanted to suprise me with a Birthday party! They invited a lot of people, aka friends and family of them. They made traditional African food like chicken, rice, and fufu. So funny. Of course, we eat all the bones. They even made Chicken Necks. That was hilarious. We had a ton of fun. They bought me gifts and I love them all so much. I sent pictures home so I hope you see them. :) Great day!
Sunday - Last time in the Amsterdam Ward for now... :( We taught the lesson for the Gospel Principles and that was great. It was on the Priesthood. I love sharing my testimony about that. Spirit was super strong. We had two investigators at church. It was sad saying bye to everyone, but they made me promise that I would be back with my parents in Summer 2015. That will be here before we know it too haha. Crazy. We then went to Anna and Luma for dinner to say goodbye. That was sad, but again, parents will meet them. They are Portuguese, well at least Anna is. They want to meet my parents. They don't care about me ;) Great day yesterday.
Today has been good. Was super busy cause we found out last night that I'm going to be serving in Rotterdam South starting Wednesday. I will be with Elder Childs, I believe. He is going to be in his second transfer so I will finish training him and break him. That will be fun! I hear that my city is the Ghetto, but I'll join my best friend Elder Reinhold in the Ghetto baptizing. ;) I'm super pumped. Transfers are inspired. I know that. This mission is inspired. Sorry for everyone who doesn't get to serve here ;) Jk, everywhere is they same...... ;) They say that to put others at ease :) :) Now i'm getting too prideful, but yeah you know what they say.... If you're not Dutch, then you're not much. 
For the Spiritual Message, but as a mission we have been reading the BoM in 90 days. 88 days ago, we started and the AP's sent out a calendar to get it done. We also focus every week on Christlike Attributes in the BoM. Guys, the Book of Mormon is true. I see it effect lives everyday. I'm grateful that I have a good knowledge of it. It is the word of God, and it is the proof that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet, who restored the church that Jesus Christ established on the earth. I challeng you all to read it. Finish it by the end of the year. It will change your life, even if you have already read it before. I love you all. I will continue to pray for you all to have missionary moments. Nothing strenghtens your testimony more than missionary work, and that goes for the members as well. Invite the missionarys over for dinner, and ask them if you can pray for their investigators. That is a very simple form of missionary work. Or even let them come over and let them practice lessons with you as the investigator. I love that! Have a great week everyone. I love you to death. I'm ready to leave Amsterdam, and take on Rotterdam :) I like these big cities :) Till next week!

Elder Elkins









No comments:

Post a Comment