Friday, March 28, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER ELKINS!

Hello Everyone! I don't have too much time today, so I'm going to keep this one a little shorter, because we have a really super cool appointment tonight with a members father. I'm so excited! It will be amazing. We had a really good week. First day of Spring here was about 70 degrees and literally so warm. Right now, this country is going crazy because 53 of the worlds leaders are in Den Haag to talk about how they can make the world safer. So weird cause there are military men from the U.S. patroling streets and helicopters and things going crazy. In church, I sat next to a guy from America who is here on business. He said he was from Washington D.C. , so I asked him what he did. He told me that he is in the Secret Service to protect Obama. He is literally one of those guys with the suits and an Uzi in his coat. I asked him if he could get us a dinner appointment with Obama, but he laughed and said No. ;) It has been a good week and full of miracles, once again!
We were able to teach even more, and get even more investigators! I'm so grateful for that! I was on exchanges on Thursday with Elder Johnson, and we saw a lot of success, and had a lot of weird things happen to us. Everything throughout the day was weird, and we had a lot of awkward conversations with people. Sometimes that's just how the Dutch like it though... :) It has been really interesting lately as well with the Priesthood. I havent given many blessings in my mission, until the past 3 weeks. It is exploding! We have been asked like 4 times a week lately haha. I love that, because the spirit is so strong when we bless investigators and members. We taught Danny again and taught him Tithing and Fasting. He was super cool about it and told us that it is necessary and he teaches the same principles to his children about saving their money. He is unreal prepared. Literally cannot believe it. We also have a new investigator name Ale. He is from Italy, and speak barely, literally barely English. He wants us to teach him English and Dutch, so we have been doing that. He is a professional Italian Chef who just moved here. We have a dinner appointment with him on Wednesday. I'm super pumped about that! I'm getting spoiled for my Birthday here this week :) We also had a dinner appointment with an old lady in our ward. She is always super funny. She always talks about the same things with the Sisters and Elders, and they are usual not very appopriate topics. Super funny, but Amsterdam eh? :) Friday we taught Keith the first lesson. He told us he wants to get baptized and keeps telling me he wants to go on a mission and wear my nametag haha. That's super cool! He came to the Young Mens activity on Saturday and we did community service by a bunch of Soccer Fields. He is amazing. It was hilarious. At the Community Service, it was with the Recreational Department, kinda like Kaysville Rec. All of the people that work there in the Park were talking to me and trying to get to know me and Elder Larson, cause we did splits so our companions could go to correlation. They thought I was Dutch, and that was super funny! Then I began to speak a lot more Dutch, and it came clear to them that I was just a 'Super Smart American here for Obama"... That was awesome. On Sunday, after Church, we went to an investigators to see how she was doing. She had two friends over, a Ghananian, and a Surinamer. They are both religous and we asked if they wanted to learn about us, so we taught the first lesson. I got pretty tight with the Ghananian cause on my mission I have been trying to learn a little of multiple languages. I have learned a little 'Twi', which is their language and he calls me his brotha and we just are bros now. The spirit was so strong and they want to learn more! Next Sunday! Martha, Keith, and Sister Grace are amazing. We went over their to just see how they are doing, and she gave us sooooo much food, cause she calls us Angels and Jesus Boys. She loves us so much. Martha is amazing, and it is so nice to realize that people do see us as different people. Set apart. She tells all of her kids to call us Ăšncle Elskins, and Uncle Enslow, and she makes us call her our sister. It is amazing. Nobody here can say my last name right, that is why it is Elskins... haha. Gosh it has been amazing here in Zaandam recently. We have been blessed, but so have other people. I am thinking that this will be my last week here, but we will find out next week. This has easily been the fastest week of my mission. I cannot believe it. Gosh. 
I'm sorry, I literally have no time to leave a spiritual message, but everyone, be a missionary this week huh? :) Love you all. Thanks for the Birthday Wishes! It will definitely not be the same without you all, but my mission is going to fast and I'll be back for my 21st. Will you all pray it goes slower!? Have a great week! Tot Ziens jullie!

Elder Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment