Thursday, September 11, 2014

August 25, 2014

Hey guys! Elder "van" Elkins uit Belgie again. This place is blessed. It is keeping us busy, and on our toes at all times. You never know what is going to happen. Heavenly Father just sends the prepared people to Genk. I don't know how to explain it! I am really enjoying it.
Weeks are only seeming to go faster, and faster. That honestly is hard to swallow, because I know this will all be over before I know it. What can I do to make is slower? haha. On Tuesday, we had District Meeting and it was a lot of fun. It was focussed on how the Book of Mormon is the bridge, for us and our investigators, to Heavenly Father. After, we all stayed in Leuven, and blitzed the city for 2 hours, and helped out the Leuven Elders by finding them 15 new potentials, and teaching 5 lessons. That was great, and I think everyone enjoyed it. After, I was on exchanges with Elder Paur in Genk, and we had a great time! Dinner appt. with the Knoops, then taught Burt after. He is getting to be pretty stubborn, so we will see how he goes tomorrow and I will fill you in next week. Elder Paur is fun, and we had a good day. Wednesday, I was on Exchanges with Elder Muse in Genk. He is our Zone Leader, and we are buds. We just had a ton of fun the whole day, had hilarious lessons, and made some unforgettable memories. Honestly, this is what missions are about. Before my mission, I had no idea how much fun I would have out here. This is a story I will have to share with you guys when I am home... lol. Great day! Now Thursday, I was on Exchanges again! In Genk, with Elder Steenblik. He is a greeny from Utah, and we talked a lot of sports, and he is a cool guy. He is  a great missionary as well! The only problem is that he is a big Ute, and wanted to keep talking about that ;) I don't even know what is going on in the NCAA world anymore. Super fun Dinner Appt with a great family in our ward, and they have a beautiful home. We taught family night with them, and did some cool activities/magic tricks. Then had a ping pong tourny, and the little girls made me dress up like a barbie. Pictures for later haha.
Friday. I was finally back with Elder Clement after three days! That is the joy of being District Leader in this part of Belgium. Travel, exchanges, and travel. I traveled over 20 hours easy this week. Maybe more. It is getting insane! Costs a lot too. It was nice to finally be back with Clement and be able to teach and work with him. Friday night, we taught Freddy. He continues to blow my mind every lesson. So prepared. We stayed at his house with our joint teach until about 9:45 because he asked us to just stay and eat grapes with him after our lesson. We taught him The Word of Wisdom, so he could stop smoking before baptism on 13 September. He was totally open to it, but is nervous because he started smoking when he was 14, and is now 49. He loves everything about the church though, and knows it is true. We gave him a blessing for extra strength. I wish you could all just witness the lessons we have with him. Top 3 investigators of my mission, no doubt.  Saturday, we had District Leader council in Antwerpen, then came back and taught a bunch of lessons, then weekly planned. Sunday was great. Church was fun, and we had investigators there.
The weather is getting colder, and it is raining every day! So crazy.
I can't believe that school is starting up now. I hope that you all have a great school year, and that you work hard and get good grades! I hate missing all that I am missing right now, but I am glad that you are all keeping me in the loop. Tyson, keep killing it in football. 8 carries, 198 yrds, and 4 touchdowns? Future Heisman at BYU eh? Love you buddy.
Shoutout to the big 17 yr old this week! PARKER! Can't believe that you are so old! I was that age when I got my call... remember that? haha. love you man. You are next!
I love you all so much. Thanks for all of the prayers and support. I hope you all have a great week. Till next week!
Elder van Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment