Saturday, December 20, 2014

November 17, 2014

Hey Family and Friends! This week flew by. I cannot believe it. Only 5 weeks until Christmas... again? I never thought that I would get to this stage of my mission, and now that I am here, I don't want to be this long out. It goes tooooo fast, but I will do what I can with the time given. I love it, and I have learned so much!
We had a splendid week. Things are going really well in Den Haag. We were really busy this week doing a lot of random things, but also on exchanges for two days, and it is just a good time. Miracles are happening in this mission. I am so grateful to be here, at this time. How amazing is it to take part in all of this. The gathering of isreal is taking place.
I want to share one miracle that we are experiencing right now. This young womans name is Valencia. She is form St. Martins, but has been here for 8 years. We got her phone number via referral a couple weeks ago. We called her, and made an appointment, not really knowing what to expect. We went by, and went into her house. She is 26 years old, and is just a really nice person. We sat down, and asked how she knows about the church. She told us that she knows it better than we think, and we were flabbergasted. She knows a lot haha. She is the only member of her family that isnt baptized. She told us that she has never doubted she would be baptized, and that it will happen in the right time. She reads daily in the Book of Mormon on her own, and went to young womens all growing up. How amazing is this story? She is so ready, and I cannot wait. She called her sister in St. Martins while we were there, and she was sooo happy! How amazing is this gospel. She has been in the preperation process her whole life. These experiences are why I am becoming converted on my mission. I cannot deny the works of our Heavenly Father. One of his greatest works, is what he is doing with me, and I am eternally grateful for that.
I don't have much time today, but I just wanted to share that with you all. I love you, and I am grateful for you. I hope that everything is going well. Den Haag is a blessed city, and it is every missionaries favorite, so I am so happy and lucky to be here. This ward is incredible. Amsterdam and Den Haag are the two best cities for Christmas, and I will have them both. So cool! Love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Elkins






No comments:

Post a Comment