Saturday, December 20, 2014

November 10, 2014

Well, this week I have a bit more time than last week... :) Last week was super funny. Member came in all three times that I tried to email, and they asked if they could borrow the computer. No problem, I am just glad that I was able to write something last week to you all! 
I am doing really well. I love Den Haag. I am a city missionary, and I have missed it. Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and now Den Haag. The three biggest in the mission. It has been a lot of fun! This is just like any big city where you meet tons of different people, from all around the world. The Netherlands is the melting pot of the world, so you can only imagine who I meet daily. I learn of new countries every day. I love it!
It is getting cold. Colder than I remember a year ago. Especially going on exchanges and biking hills through fog, with only a rain jacket on, and a scarf to keep me warm. We biked 60 km as well. Unreal. My legs killed and my face almost froze haha. I love my mission! Fall is in the air! I am thinking it will be a very, very cold winter, but we deserve it because last winter was easy.
Elder Moomey is my new companion! I love him. We are great buddies and have been our whole missions. He is one transfer before me, and I worked with him when we were both in Rotterdam. He is from Star, Idaho. It has been a blast to work with him the past couple of weeks. He is a great missionary, and a good leader. We are going to have a lot of fun serving together here in Den Haag. Den Haag is a really cool area. We have about 20 Elders, 6 Sisters, and 1 Senior Couple in this Zone. It has been a blast to work with them all and get to know them on a more personal level. The ward here is the biggest in the mission. With about 150 active members, it is great. I absolutely love it. Such a strong ward, and is a great example to the other wards and branches in the mission. They take care of the missionares (10 of us in this ward, including the senior couple), by feeding us and catering to our needs. I appreciate it! It is nice to be back in a normal apartment with just two of us. We are always busy throughout the week with random things to do, so it is nice to come into a warm apartment at night, sit down, drink warme chocolade, and listen to Motab, while writing in my journal. I love it. Nice and quiet haha.
The work is going well. We decided to start off fresh as I came in, and we gave a couple of our investigators to the Sisters, and we just decided to hit the ground fresh. It was inspired, and gave us both a feeling of "lets do this"... It worked out. Heavenly Father blessed us a ton last week, as we taught 5 new investigators, and found a bunch of people. We prayed for referrals and had many of two very positive ones, both coming from members. Every member referral is baptized too. It is incredible to see. I cannot wait!
Exchanges last week were a blast too! I love being with missionaries, getting to know them, learning from and training them. It is such a privalage that we have as leaders to be able to do that, and it really give me a perspective one everything that I havent yet had. Being District Leader really prepared me for this. Especially with where I was, the amount of traveling, and the missionaries I worked with. I really feel comfortable doing this, and I am grateful for the change that I have seen in myself as I have been out here for the past 16 months. It truly is a miracle.
I have such a strong testimony of prayer. I know that I bring that up quite a bit, but I honestly do. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed us with a way to be able to communicate with him, and literally strenghthen our relationship with Him. I feel so close to Him being out here, and He has been quick to answer my prayers. I hope that you all use this blessing to its potential and that you are all witnessing what I do. It is reality, and it works for everyone. It is necessary for us to use as we lead out our lives in the best way possible.
I am so excited to see what this next week brings. I am sure that it will fly right by, just like this past week. I love you all, and I hope that you all have a great week as well!
Veel Liefde,
Elder Elkins






No comments:

Post a Comment