Saturday, December 20, 2014

November 25, 2014

Hey everybody! Another week in Den Haag. Man it is cold.

We had a very busy week last week. Very busy. Lots of cool things have been happening though! The Lord continues to bless this Zone. On Sunday, we had two baptisms in the Zone. I was able to interview one of them. During interviews, the Spirit is very strong. The man that I interviewed is incredible and such a kingdom builder. He has so much talent and ability to offer the church, and will be incredible to see what his future holds. I remember sitting in the interview, asking the questions and just seeing him with a wife and kids, going to church every week. When that happens during an interview, you know that he is ready. Such a testimony of the church as well. This man is 25 years old, has money, a future, and a girlfriend. He has everything that the world things you need, but he realized there is more than that when he read the Book of Mormon. He is in medical school and is very busy with life and study, but he found time to read and pray, meet with the missionaries, and come to church, and now he is baptized. Such a good example to me, and he should be to all of us.
Zone Den Haag is doing well. We are all seeing personal successes and staying happy. This is a tough time of year out here with it beginning to get cold, Christmas right around the corner, and familys celbrating Sinterklaas, but we are all keeping our heads up and hitting the Streets. They are all great examples to me and my companion.
We have a very busy week this week, again. Today, exchanges, tomorrow: splits in almere, Thursday: Zone Conference with Elder Moreira of the 70, Friday: Mission Leader Council, Saturday: District Leader Council that we will be teaching. Mission life is at high tide, and I am enjoying the ride.
Yesterday for Pday, we played Turky Bowl with the Zone, and then the Romigs had the missionaries from Den Haag over to have thanksgiving. It really felt like a piece of home, and it was so nice to be able to feel the spirit of gratitude with my mission family. Gratitude has been on my mind a lot the past few weeks, and I want to just close this email by sharing what I am grateful for.
First off, I am grateful for the gospel. For the knowledge that I have of the Plan of Salvation, The Atonement, the Nature of Heavenly Father, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  
I am grateful to have been born in this church. That I have parents who taught me in the ways of the Lord, and helped me stay on the right path. I don't know how they did it, but making a good choice, serving someone, or putting others before me is second nature, and I credit that to my parents. Thank you. I am very grateful for my siblings too. Love you guys!
I am grateful for my mission. Everything that I have learned. The changes that I have seen in myself, and in others. I am grateful for my testimony, because testimonies are gifts of heaven. It is a blessing.

I just feel grateful right now.

I love you all so much. I am so grateful that you all support me, and love me. It really does help me and encourage me to continue everday, to be a little better, and to work a little harder. I hope and pray that you all have a great week. I challenge you all to be grateful little this week. Count your blessings at night, and be open the next day to receive more. You will see a big blessing in your life.

"19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more." - D&C 78:19

I love you! Have a great week!
Elder Elkins



No comments:

Post a Comment