Saturday, February 7, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy 2015 Everyone! Can you believe that it is here? Man. I never thought that it would be 2015. So weird, and scary! Time goes fast! The Holiday season was special. It always is on a mission. I kindof have a bittersweet feeling about it being my final one on my mission, but I will find ways to make every Holiday season special at home. It is amazing what you learn out here during the Holidays, and I am grateful for the new outlook that I have on it all. That is what is great about missions.
We had a very good week last week. The Lord is blessing us in Den Haag, and it is amazing. We had a chill P-Day on Monday, and I was on exchanges on Tuesday. Exchanges are always incredible experiences, and I am blessed to be able to go on so many. I was with one of my good friends from the mission, and we had a great time. My testimony of 'knocking the area' has been strengthened a ton this transfer. This is when you do a look up or have an appointment, but you spend time in the area before you go anywhere else. Without fail, we have found potential investigators every time we have done this this transfer, and on the exchange, we got let in and taught a restoration lesson. Such a great experience.
Wednesday was obviously New Years Eve. We all had to be inside at 4pm, because this place goes insane after that time. I had a lot of time to relax, and think. I got thinking a lot about 2014, and how special of a year that was for me. That was my full year dedicated to the Lord, and He truly molded me and helped me become a lifelong disciple. I am grateful for Him, and what He does for us as long as we let Him. Fireworks are incredible here. I can't even describe it on this email, but one day if you are smart, you will come to Europe to celebrate a New Years. Unreal.
We were on exchanges again on Thursday, and then finished the week off with the weekend. Missionary work is going really well.
The Zone is succeeding as well. Our Zone Goals and Plans are being carried out, and the missionaries are seeing a lot of miracles. The Sisters in Zoetermeer just had a baptism on Saturday, and that was very neat. We have a few more coming up in the near future, so we are really looking forward to those. There are a lot of people in this country with the cold right now, also missionaries. As soon as we get over the sicknesses, the work will blow up. It is incredible to be here right now.
With this week being fast sunday, my heart was full. I pondered a lot on last year, and how blessed I really am. Heavenly Father has really taken care of me, and I owe him everything. I sat in Sacrament Meeting and couldn't fight back the tears during the sacrament portion. Last year, I learned who God is. I truly developed a father/son relationship with him, and I am eternally grateful for that. I had to get up and bare testimony of Heavenly Father, His plan, and His divinity. I know that He answers our prayers, because I have experienced it. I know that He loves us, and that He will continue to take care of us as we are obedient to His commandments. We just need to do all that we can, and He will do the rest. I love you all. I hope that you all had a great, and safe New Years. 2015 is going to be special! Get on that treadmilll, quit with the twinkies, and get 'er done! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment