Saturday, February 7, 2015

January 12, 2015

Goedemiddag allemaal! Good to be here with you all once again! Den Haag is still a blast and provides a lot of great experiences. We had a busy week, and did a lot of things. Miracles were seen, people were taught, and the work presses on.
Elder Torniainen and I have had a good time together. He is such a funny kid. If I haven't mentioned it yet, he is from Finland. He speaks good English, but some things are just hilarious and I have to crack up. I love him though and am grateful that we have been companions! On Monday night, we had the opportunity to teach our Baptismal Date, Maud, at a members home. Man, this is the best way to teach a lesson. The Spirit was so strong as soon as we sat down. We taught her the Plan of Salvation, and the members were so open and friendly to the investigator and answered her questions perfectly. She is progressing, but we just need to focus more on her. It is such a blessing to be able to teach her, especially since we are so busy with random things all the time.
On Tuesday, we were on exchanges with the Assistants. It is always a good time with them. I went with Elder Bourne to Amsterdam. He is such a good guy and we did a lot of good work together. It was weird being back in Amsterdam seeing the city and old investigators, but is such a blessing to have those opportunities. Elder Bourne is a great friend and I look forward to spending time with him after the mission. Wednesday we were on exchanges with the elders in Almere. I was with Elder Rudolph in Den Haag. He is one of my good buddies from High School! Dad knows him, especially Parker does... lol. That's a story. For the uncles, he is the one that played Turkey Bowl with us that one year that left his stinky gloves in the car and made Parker vomit. He is huge! We had a great time and made oliebollen together. We saw a cool miracle too! We went and visited Stephany and Mark randomly to see if they were home. Stephany is a less active and Mark is her non-member husband that she is trying to help. Only Stephany was home, but we were able to talk to her for a minute and make a plan to help her husband. This was a miracle because we answered some of her own questions in private, and it was the first time that he wasn't home when we came by. Tonight, we have a dinner appt. with them and are going to answer some of his questions and invite him to be baptized! Great day.
Thursday we went hard doing typical missionary work. We went and made American Pancakes for a bunch of Africans. They loved it!
Friday we had MLC. It is always a privilage to be able to go to Presidents home and feel of the Spirit there. They are amazing, and I love them! The Leaders in this mission are all incredible and good examples. I am so blessed to be able to serve with them and learn from them. Our mission is currently preparing for the big switch that is happening this summer. New Mission President, and losing 50 Elders. It is crazy, so a lot of things need to happen to prepare for that and train the missionaries to be ready.
Saturday, we taught District Leader Council to pass down the info from MLC. It was very powerful and the Spirit was there. I was able to teach Obedience, and that was very special for me. Obedience is something that I have gained a testimony of on my mission. This is potentially the most important lesson that we can learn in our mortal lives, and I am blessed to experience this on my mission. We have a very obedient mission, but we just need to sift through and get better with the smaller things. I am excited to see how it goes.
The Zone had a decent week. We got hit hard when it comes to Baptismal Dates, but we are working to increase those. There is only so much that we can do as leaders, and I feel that we do our best, but now it is on the missionaries to prove themselves.
We had a very good week. Things are falling into place and I am happy. I love my mission and I am grateful for the many opportunities that I have had to help others, whether that be investigators, members, or missionaries. It is amazing. I love you all so much. Thank you for all that you do, and for the many prayers! I hope to hear from you all this week!

Liefs,
Elder Elkins



No comments:

Post a Comment