Saturday, March 28, 2015

February 23, 2015

Hey guys!

Great week in Den Haag. This city treats us well!

We have been working hard to see success, while balancing what we are busy doing, and the Lord provides. We taught a new investigator this week named Els. She is Dutch, and let us come back after we knocked on her door. She is atheist, and doesn't really have any hope, but was open to our message. What a miracle lesson this was. We got in, taught her the first lesson, using a lot of scripture, and could see the spirit working with her. At the end of the lesson, we asked her "What would it mean to you to know the truthfulness of this message?" She responded, I already am thinking that it is true. Bam. It was that easy. No it wasn't, but it seems to be that easy sometimes. When the Spirit is there testifying of the words that we speak, it is that easy. That is why missionary work is only possible with the spirit! :) This experience reminded me of Korihor in the Book of Mormon. Honestly. We asked her why it is true, and she said it was because she received a feeling in her heart that she has never felt before. She then explained all the fruits of the spirit that we learn about in Galatians 5:22. That was a miracle. She then accepted to be baptized.
To be honest, I don't remember much about last week. Good thing I keep a journal, and that is something that I will not regret. Sometimes, it is one of the hardest things to do, but I know that it will be worth it. We had Mission Leader Council on Friday, and the spirit is always so strong there. I receive so much guidance from the Spirit, and it is incredible.
I heard that Emily is going to have her baby this week. I am so excited for you! Good luck, and make sure that you send me lots of pictures. I hope that you get my package this week :)
Transfers are next week, so this could possibly be my last week in Den Haag. I have plans to leave it all on the field, and give it my all. This city is incredible, and I will always remember my experiences here. I look forward to making more this week. I love you all so much, and hope that you have a great week. :)

Love,
Elder Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment