Saturday, March 28, 2015

February 9, 2015

Hey, it's me again. What a voorecht it is to be back with you! I am super pumped that everything is going well at home. I especially liked the video that I received of Tyson dancing around. Looks like 1.5 year of time isn't enough for him to change at all. That's what I love to see :)
We had an absolutely outstanding week. Elder Bernier and I made the decision to make something happen last week. Man, were we blessed. We met, and taught 8 new invetigators last week, and have 5 new ones planned this week! That is unreal. Teaching is what it is all about. Well, not really, because we need to baptize, but we are getting there! As a Zone, I feel that we have all really made something finally click, and are ready to work with Faith to help the work progress here in the Den Haag Zone. What a blessing it is to work with the missionaries. To be honest, exchanges have been some of the biggest  blessing on my mission. Learning from each individual missionary, and hearing their stories are strengthening. We have incredible missionaries here.
Elder Bernier and I were able to teach three new families last week. Any time you can teach a family on a mission is the best. That is what the gospel is all about. Blessing not only individuals, but families. Speaking of families, sounds like Emily is going to burst any time soon! I can't wait to be an uncle! If you are lucky Emily, maybe you will find something in the mail for Hadley ;)
This last week, I really took it upon myself to study the scriptures more diligently. It is amazing what you can take out of the scriptures as you read verse by verse, with a real intent, searching for specific answers.
I was able to go on exchanges this week with two of my best buddies from my mission. Elder Rudolph, and Elder Bosco. Man, how fun is that!? Rudolph is a stud, and is going home in a couple of weeks. He is finishing strong, and is helping his city see last minute success. On Wednesday, I went to Amsterdam with Elder Bosco. We saw so many miracles. We got let in with a lady that we contacted, and taught her a first lesson. She started crying at the beginning of the lesson, and we gave her a baptismal date. Not often does that happen anywhere, let alone Babyldam. ;) Glad we will be able to live in Provo together! Also, we ate dinner at Danny and Kims house! Holy cow, how amazing was that. He has progressed so much, and even offered to pray for the food. Gosh. The church is true.
I love you all so much. Thank you all for what you do! I hope that you have a great week.
 
Love,
Elder Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment