Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 2, 2015

Hooi allemaal!

Fijn om terug met jullie te kunnen zijn! I always look forward to being able to read emails, and see what you all are up to. Man, this week was a good week. Not only in the mission, but also back at home! Congratulations Emily! Hadley is gorgeous. Goed gedaan! :) It was special to be able to experience that out here. I will never forget it!

First of all, transfer calls came in last night, and I am staying in Den Haag with Elder Bernier! Man, I am so grateful to be able to server her for six months. I feel that there is so much that I have learned the past few weeks, and that I need to apply before I leave the city. Heavenly Father continues to reveal to me things that I am able to help with, and I am ready to leave it all on the table and give it my all this next, and final transfer in Den Haag. It is a blessing!

On Tuesday, we had Zone Conference. It was great. I love President and Sister Robinson. They always know what we need, and how we can improve as a mission. Prayers are always answered at Zone Conferences! We also watched "Meet the Mormons", and that was special. What a cool video!

On Wednesday, four missionaries will be heading home. They all happen to be in our Zone, and I was able to go on exchanges with both of them this past week. Wednesday, and Thursday. Elder Carter is the one that I was with on Wednesday, and we had an incredible day. He is such a great guy, and has made his mission celestial. I look up to him, and learn a lot! Thursday was with my trainer, Elder Alston! It has been a huge blessing having him in the Zone on his dying transfer. He will be my first companion that is home, which is crazy, saying I have been out almost 20 months. Elder Alston is incredible. I couldn't of had a better trainer, and is just a complete missionary. Every skill in the book. I learn so much! These two exchanges were probably the two biggest blessings for me this week. Just being able to spend the last week with two great missionaries, and being able to take last minute wisdom, but also being able to help them where I can. Elder Alston and I had a complete missionary day. Awesome lesson, setting a baptismal date with Els, and a lesson with a new investigator who just bashed us. Then a lesson with a less-active with two of the ugliest dogs, and a bird that can't be quiet, and we just laughed and laughed at the lesson. We had a great time! Sad to see him go this week!

With Transfers, our Zone got hit hard. We have a lot of good missionaries coming in. Elder Claflin, one of my best friends who I lived with in Genk, will be joining the force in Den Haag too. Gosh, I am so pumped! With the missionaries that are coming into the Zone, we are going to do some great things this next transfer. Our focus this next transfer is Ch. 4 in PmG. One of my favorites. It will be great to serve another transfer with Elder Bernier as well. He is great!

This upcoming week will be crazy busy, but crazy amazing. We have a group of missionaries in the mission who are incredibly talented in music, and that is their missionary work. They are beggining to put together music programs, teaching PmG lessons through music. It is insane! They have their first concert on Saturday, and we are bringing tons of people, so it should be fun!

I hope that you all have a great week! Hope to hear from you, and give Hadley a big kiss on the cheek from me! ;)

Elder Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment