Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 9, 2015



Guys! Another week!

I feel really bad every week, because I forget most of the key point that I want to share with you all when I email. I will do my best to fill you all in, but to be honest, we just did a lot of busy work this past week. We had transfers, which means that on Wednesday, we spent the day at the station in Leiden helping missionaries get to their next areas, and welcoming them in, and Thursday and Friday consisted of a lot of planning. Heavenly Father always provided though. We always seem to see miracles in weeks like this.

The highlight of the week for me was probably on Tuesday. The Stake President is in our ward, and his son just turned in his mission papers. He is a complete stud, and is an incredible basketball player. For the past few months, I have felt so strongly that we need to help him and show him missionary work. Not only missionary work, but how missionary work is a blast. This is honestly one of the biggest reasons I wanted to stay in Den Haag. I knew that there was something I haven't done yet, that I need to do. Last Sunday, I invited him to spend the day with us on Tuesday. He came with us, and I tried SOO hard to get apointments arranged so that we could teach with him, but that wasn't the Lords plan. We had a great District Meeting, then went out, did look ups, contacted, and had a dinner appointment. We ended up getting let in with an investigator at night, and taught a poweful quick message. I was worried it wouldn't be enough for him, but it was perfect. He is a great kid and friend, and we had a ton of fun. He loved it, and now wants to come every Tuesday with us. Maybe he will get called to the Utah Ogden mission, and I can go on splits with him eh? ;) His family is great as well, and really grateful that we are helping him get ready. The Spirit is incredible, and it is so cool to learn how the Spirit answers our prayers individually. What a blessing that will be for me the rest of my life!

Our mission has a new thing where we have four Elders who prepare a musical, and sing. Man, it was absolutely incredible this week, being able to watch them and seeing member bring their friends. We receieved some referrals, and it is great. It has been fun helping them and preparing with them for it. I wish that I could sing in real life as well as I do in the shower, cause then I could join them.

I saw pictures of Hadley. Gorgerous - All I can say.

I love you all. Thanks for the support and all that you do for me! Have a great week!

Elder Elkins



No comments:

Post a Comment