Thursday, May 28, 2015

April 13, 2015



Hey guys! Only got about 15 more minutes, so I will give you a quick run-down of what went down this week. It was great!

Our weeks was honestly stacked. Sunday was conference, then Wednesday, we had temple conference. Half of our mission went on Tuesday, and the other half on Wednesday. It is always a huge blessing to be able to go to the beautiful Den Haag temple twice a year. It was spiritual, and felt like I was just there. Time flies. We then went to Keukenhof after. The huge tulip garden in Holland. It was gorgeous, but wasn't as nice as last year, because the flowers weren't as sprouted.

Knowing that this was my last week in Den Haag, I gave it my all...

We had a wonderful lesson with Johan this week. Miracles are coming. All that I have wanted to do these last 6 months in Den Haag was serve the zone, and help them baptize. I am not gonna lie, a huge part of me wanted to baptize in my own city. My prayer was answered on my last Sunday in Den Haag. I think it was my best Sunday on my mission. I love this ward. Biggest ward in the mission, and they are family. It was pretty much a farewell, because everyone knew I would get transfered. I was asked to share a short testimony, and take pictures with everyone after Sacrament Meeting haha. I really felt like I was part of the ward, leaving on my mission. It was great. After, we went to a lesson at Johans house. He just keeps progressing. We had an incredible lesson with him. He was telling us that he knows it is all true. Usually with a Dutch strong Christian, they will show you how Catholic or Protestant is correct and bash any idea we have using the bible, but he supported the Book of Mormon with the bible. I invited him to be baptized on May 23, and he got an ugly look on his face. I was expecting a comeback saying that he was already baptized, or doesn't need to be baptized, but he shot back "That is too long away!"... I was in shock haha. We talked about it, and decided it is a good date for him. The Lord is good. I will baptize in this city. I told him I am leaving, and got super sad. He gave me his cherished bible, and I will never forget him. He is very spiritual.

I love this city. I will always be grateful for it, and never forget the experiences that I had. It was fun being so close to President and Sister Robinson. They are amazing.

I am getting transfered to Zwolle, with a good buddy, Elder Kartodirjo. He is from Surinam, and is going home in six weeks. We are going to baptize.

I love you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Elkins










No comments:

Post a Comment