Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 18, 2015

What a week.

This week was another witness to me that this work is in the Lords hands.

Coming into Zwolle a month ago, the work was doing ok. There were a lot of things that needed to be done, like looking up referrals, and increasing our teaching pool, so we made a goal to do that. For the first two weeks of the transfer, we spent a majority of our time finding and looking up referalls, hoping and praying that it would turn into something. This last week, we taught 8 new investigators, had 7 investigators in church, and baptized. Just on Saturday, we taught 6 lessons. That is unheard of in Europe haha. The joy that you feel after a day like that, then laying in bed knowing that you have a baptism the next day, is indescribable. We are being very blessed, and it is an incredible way to end my mission.

One of the coolest miracles of the week happened on Sunday during church. We have an eternal investigator of over a year here, who has had baptismal dates fall through, then she decides she wants to be baptized again, and it falls through again. Her name is Vena. What happened about 4 months ago, is the ward decided that the missionaries should stop teaching her, and they would fellowship her until she really is ready to take the lessons and be baptized. On Sunday, the ward mission leader comes up to me, pulls me aside and takes me into an office with Vena, and another brother in the ward. She told me that "it's time'', and we need to teach her all of the lessons this week, so she can be baptized next week on the 30th. Just imagine what is going through my head at this moment. My companioin isn't even here! haha. This is every missionaries dream. I talked to her, got to know her better, and we made a plan for her to be baptized next week. We will teach her tomorrow, and hopefully a couple more times this week to help her prepare. The Lord is good.

Just typing this, and thinking about all that happened this week (I could go on an on about other things that happened), it makes me think of one of my favorite scriptures. Alma 26:12.

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

This ward is great. Zwolle became a ward 4 weeks ago, and they don't want to stop. They are ready to see success, and because of them and their faith, this is happening. The same thing happened when I was in Genk, Belgium, and I think we all remember that experience.

We had a great Zone Conference this week. We learned a lot, and I receieved a lot of personal insight from the Holy Ghost of how I need to finish, but also goals that I want to set for home life. I can't believe that we need to think about that, and start setting expectations for who we want to be. It isn't hard to focus when all we are doing is teaching.... haha. It's great.

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers. Because of your prayers, this is happening. This is the last week of the transfer, and Elder Kartodirjo is going home. I have learned a lot from him, and am going to miss him, but we are going to have a great week together.

Have a great week! AiA

Liefs,
Elder Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment