Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 4, 2015



We had a great week, but it flew. It is funny how days can seem like eternity, but weeks are just a blur. I think that is how the rest of our lives will be.

I heard somebody make a comment this week about how the MTC trains you for the mission, and the mission is the MTC for you life. That is a great way to put it, I think. The emotions, experiences, and just different circumstances that you find yourself in on your mission are never-ending. I love it. I love that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, and helps us become His disciples. Why are missions amazing? Two years, one on one with the Lord. You are in his hands. Safe from physical and emotional danger. If you do what He asks. It is amazing what you can achieve and become if you do what He asks. I have a strong testimony of that.

We had a good week. Because of the Facebook project from last transfer, the missionaries in this city received 23 referalls, and when I got here, they had only looked up two of them. So what did we do last week? We looked up as many as we could. Most people just order the item from Facebook because it is free, but we had a couple of people who invited us back to teach them about Jesus Christ, so that was worth it. Our investigators are progressing. Gerson and Anderson headed down to Belgium unexpectadly because their little brother, who was recently baptized, is sick and in the hospital, so they weren't able to come to church. They are excited about the gospel, and I am excited to see how much they have progressed since out last meeting when we meet with them again this week.

On Sunday, Elder Kartodirjo got permission to attend church in another ward, because his cousin lives in that ward, and they blessed their new baby. It was really weird to be in another ward on a Sunday, but it was fun. Travel is always fun on Sundays, because that is when they do most of their construction on the train tracks. The train was shut down, so we found ourselves on another bus for 2 hours there, and 2 back. It reminded me of Belgium. Man, those were the days! :) We talked to our Ward Mission Leader last night to ask him how church went and who of our investigators came, and he told us that one of our investigators, Naylees, invited her friend, and another random woman walked in during Sacrament Meeting! Of course that would happen when we weren't there. The last and only time that happened to me on my mission was with Freddy, in Genk. We all know that story. I am sure this one will turn out similarly.

This past week was one that I really needed spiritually. I haven't been this close to the Lord in a while, actually. These reality checks in life are necessary, and they remind you why, who, and how you serve. Time is winding down. It feels so far, but yet so close, honestly. It is the weirdest feeling. I am grateful for all that I have learned, and continue to learn. It is a blessing that I am still able to help others come unto Christ, but the greatest blessing as a missionary, is the same happens to us. God hears our prayers, and answers them in ways that we may not clearly understand. He requires us to do our best. He is always there!

Mothers Day is on Sunday! Skype! I love my Mom. She is one of the biggest reasons I am where I am and who I am today. My appreciation and love for her grows everyday. I look forward to p-days not because of the break, or because of fun, but because I know that she will be online when I get online to email. I think she has only missed a handful of weeks on my enitre mission. I will always be grateful for that! I look forward to seeing her soon as we Skype, but also in person in a few short months. It will be great! I love you Mom!

Thanks for all that you do everybody. There are people to save! Read the Book of Mormon, and be somebody's hero this week. :)

Liefs,
Elder Elkins


No comments:

Post a Comment