Monday, November 3, 2014

October 6, 2014

How blessed we are to be able to listen to a prophets voice. Even if we are almost on the other side of the world. I hope that you all took advantage, wrote down notes, and received personal revelation to help you, and others around you. I love conference.
We had a super good week. Things are really busy, and we are finding ourselves on busses and trains a lot to look up our referrals we receive from the Facebook project. I can't even recollect what exactly happened last week, but I know it was busy.
On Tuesday, we had District Meeting. I love preparing and giving District Meeting, especially knowing that after, I would be on exchanges with one of my best friends, Elder Bosco. We had soo much fun, and got a lot of work done. We just talked a lot of BYU, and planned for after our missions. It sucks that BYU lost though. Pretty typical eh? On Wednesday, I was able to get back with Elder Clement and we did a look up that is really far away. They were home, but didn't answer the door which gets frustrating, but we did look ups in the area and it was fun. It is pretty warm outside still too! Especially on Wednesday. The first day of October was 75 degrees or so. Cow and corn fields, old belgian homes, F-16s flying over preparing to fight IS, nothing can get any better than that ;)
I had a total of three exchanges last week. I really enjoy them, but it gets hard when you really want to just get to know your companion better. Elder Clement has been patient with me, and it has been nice. It is really fun to work with other missionaries in their cities though, so it has a good balance.
I went to Leuven on one exchange, and brought an Elder to my city on another. We saw a lot of success both times, and I learn alot by going on exchanges with other missionaries. I am grateful that I am able to work with them, teach them, but also learn from them. On Friday, I was in Genk on exchanges with an Elder from Geel. Our whole schedule fell through, and I felt inspired to change some things, so we decided that we would look up one of our referrals, and teach two lessons. We made a goal to do so. I promised him I would buy him the best ice cream of his life when we taught two lessons. We traveled out to the city, then realized no busses took us directly to the house, so we walked 4 miles through fields and farms to get the house. We finally got there, made an appointment with the lady, and knew that God wouldn't have us walk 2 hours just to go make an appointment with her. We knocked in the area and made another appointment with her neighbor. Then had an awesome conversation with a farmer in his field. It is amazing what can happen when we rely on the Lord in all that we do. It will be accomplished in HIS way. I love that, and I have a strong testimony of it.
I really enjoy Belgium. Everything I learn is gold, but sometimes it gets thrown on you all at once, and you have to learn how to just deal with it. Conference really helped me, and opened my eyes to some things that I have been struggling with. It made me better. That is it's purpose, right? I especially enjoyed Uchtdorfs talk in priesthood session. Monsons talk in Sunday Morning really spoke to me as well. If I recall correctly, he talked a lot about Christs example, and how we do everything in Christs way. What a great lesson we can apply to all of our lives, whether we are on missions or not. Christ should be our example.
I love you all. I am so grateful for your support, for your love, and for your prayers. I pray for you all everday, and I know that Heavenly Father is hearing them. Have a great week, and make good choices. Ask yourself "Lord, is it I?" ;) I love you! Tot volgende week!
Love,
Elder van Elkins



No comments:

Post a Comment