Monday, November 3, 2014

September 22, 2014

Goede Maandag allemaal! Met Elder Elkins en de Genkster jongens. Another week in the books, sadly, but it was a good one. It went really fast, and everything is super mixed up in my head, but I will do my best to fill you all in. It was transfer week, so we have a new Elder in our fourman. Elder Andrew is on his second transfer now, and he got a new companion named Elder Nye who is going onto his 6th, just like Elder Clement. Clement and Nye were in the same group in the MTC, and are really good buddies, so that is good for them. Elder Andrew and I have fun as well! Because Elder Clement and I are staying, it just felt like a normal week. It feels nice to have a normal two transfers for the first time in a while, and not have to switch companions. Our mission just recently launched another Facebook project, where members can share the link to ordering free dvds, pamphlets, or whatever, but this time it is focused on the My Family pamphlets that the church uses for genealogy. Last time we had a project, the Genk area had the most referrals in the whole mission. People click the link, then order a free item, then the mission sends it to their home, and we follow up with them, and teach them. It works out, and that is now underway. It was so impressive last time, that the Quorum of the Twelve are going to implement it in every European mission. All because the Ward Mission Leader in Gent developed the idea. I am excited to see what results it brings, and it will keep us busy.
We decided that with the new transfer, we are going to take a new approach at everything. We are going to do a lot of finding, and looking up new people, because we want new people to work with. Bert and Marcello just aren't ready to commit to anything yet, but hopefully eventually. Forsi is our best investigator right now, with a Baptismal Date for Okt. 25. He is from Cameroon, and is a stud. I am excited for him! We have taught him the first three lessons, and getting on with commandments, but church is a hard thing for him because he works Sundays. We will continue to work with that.
Freddy is a stud! He invited us over for dinner to thank us, and cooked an incredible meal. He had chef education, so this guy can cook. You honestly should've seen the meal he prepared for us. I felt like I was eating at a millionaires restaurant. Candle light, nice silverware and plates/glasses. It was great. He is such a cool guy, and wants to just do everything right.
I am doing really well. I have loved my time in Genk, and look forward to another transfer here. I learn new things everyday, and I just love helping other people. This transfer, the mission is focusing on chapter 2 in PmG, and we are all going to become better teachers through improving our studies and preparation. This is something that I will benefit from, as well as the rest of the mission. Our District Meetings will be focused on this topic as well.
I love you all, and I am so grateful for your wonderful examples. I will write more next week, and hopefully I can include some funny stories/miracles. I will do my best.
I am so glad that Emily is having a little girl. I cannot wait! Gosh. How fun is that going to be! I love you Emily and Shawn! Gefeliciteerd!
Have a great week! Go Cougs, Go Ty, and Go Baby.
Love,
Elder Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment